Spray tans can sound a little complicated at first, and if you have never gotten one before it can be quite the process. With these tips, you will be sure to be a pro after your very first time! The preparation of a spray tan starts 24-48 hours before you have scheduled your spray. During this time it is recommended that you do these things…
1. Exfoliate your skin
2. Shave or do any waxing that is needed (If waxing try to do closer to 48 hours before)
3. Schedule manicures and pedicures prior to your Sunless Tan to avoid exfoliation and fading of your sunless color.
Before you get your spray tan, make sure that you do NOT have any oil, lotions or deodorant on our skin. You want your skin to be as clean, and soft as possible.
After you get your spray tanned, stay as far away from water as possible. For the next 8 hours, water is your worst enemy. After 8 hours you can wash off in the shower, and can then proceed to do anything you would do with a normal tan.
TAN TIP: In the shower avoid loofas and washcloths. Just gently rinse yourself and wash gently with your hands. Do not use any of the body washes with high alcohol or mineral oil content. Pat dry with a towel and do NOT rub your skin.
*Now onto how to maintain that tan, and keep your new glow as long as possible.
1. Moisturize daily, keep your skin as soon and soft as possible. Do not use a moisturizer with high alcohol or mineral oil content.
2. DO NOT plan any activities that will cause you to get wet, sweat, or cause your clothing to rub against your skin for at least 4 hours (preferably 8 hours).
3. DO NOT bathe or swim for at least 8 hours after your Sunless Tan. It is preferable to wait 16 hours before using soap. Use an only mild body wash, like After Glow Body Wash, which is specifically designed not to strip away sunless color like the average drug store body washes.
4. DO NOT use oil-based products, Dove brand soaps, harsh bar soaps, prescription anti-acne or anti-wrinkle medication or face wash prior to or after your Sunless Tan.
5. DO NOT apply lotion for 8-12 hours after your Sunless Tan
Follow these steps and you will be a pro in no time. Feel free to leave any questions or comments you have below. Stay bronze!
Book Today with Brushed Artistry